1. Gently comb your hair extensions with a brush or wide tooth comb (we do have specialist hair extensions brushes available on to purchase on our site), make sure that all of the knots and tangles are gone.
2. With warm water gently wet the hair extensions.
3. Next, apply shampoo to the hair and gently comb the hair product through with your fingers, do not rub the extensions as this can cause damage to the hair.
4. Rinse out the shampoo, the best way to do this is by running the shower head over the extensions to swill away the shampoo or alternatively just use the sink or bath to plunge the extensions which will rinse away the shampoo product.
5. Apply conditioner, conditioner will make the hair extensions easier to comb once they are dry and will keep the extensions soft and looking shinier.
TIP: To give your hair extensions the VIP treatment and to keep them looking even softer and shinier, instead of using a normal hair conditioner you can use a deep conditioning hair mask, leave in for around 3-5 minutes and rinse the product out (see step 4), this will keep the hair looking even more shiner and feeling extra soft.
6. Rinse out the conditioner using the same method that we advise in step 4.
7. To dry your hair extensions the best method recommended is to allow them to dry naturally. Do not roll or rub the hair in to the towel as this will cause damage to the hair, if you are in a rush you can blow dry them although blow drying is not recommended to do to often as this can also damage the hair.
When taking care of your human hair extensions always remember that although the hair extensions are made of real human hair they are not replenished by the natural oils that your own hair has the benefit of, this means that extra care should be taken when looking after your human hair extensions. The hair extensions will last a lot longer and will look and feel a lot better if you don’t colour (dye) the hair or blow dry the hair every time you wash them .
Clip in human hair extensions do not need to be washed all of the time like your natural hair, for example, if you wear your hair extensions everyday you will find that you can go for around 3 weeks without needing to wash them again.
To take extra care when brushing your human hair extensions and to prevent snagging we recommend using a hair extension brush (which are available for purchase from our site) as the bristles have been specially designed to glide through the hair without causing damage.
The best way to brush your hair extensions which we highly recommend is to start brushing the ends of the hair extensions first, then the mid lengths and then finishing with the top of the hair (about a centimetre down from the top of the weft) this will also help even further to prevent snagging on any knots.
When straightening or curling your human hair extensions we recommend applying a light mist of heat protection spray (which can be found on our site) to the extensions prior to using your straightening irons, curlers or blow dryer, this will help to protect the heat of the appliances from damaging the hair and a good quality heat protection spray will also leave your hair feeling smooth and silky after styling whilst leaving them smelling beautiful.